Brought to you by Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney
Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney is the perfect hotel for families, with super-sized rooms, splashtastic facilities and kid-friendly location.
We spent the weekend playing tourists in our own city and had a ball! The kids loved the pool the best (no surprise there!) and we all enjoyed indulging ourselves at the breakfast buffet, but the practical aspects of having spacious accommodation with our own kitchen plus the proximity to the playground and water play of Darling Quarter were what won me over.
This Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney review has all the information you need.
5 reasons to love Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney review
1. Super spacious rooms
We booked a two-bedroom suite, which was ginormous! With two bedrooms, two bathrooms, lounge, dining, kitchen and balcony you could seriously live in this place.
But even their standard studio rooms with two queen beds are huge compared with the Sydney norm – 45 sqm instead of the usual 30 sqm you get in most hotels. A definite plus when you have two adults and two kids vying for space.
Plus free wifi! Unfortunately this is not usual in Sydney, but is SO useful.
2. Cooking facilities in ALL rooms
Being able to self-cater can save you so much money when travelling. As well as not having to be restricted by restaurant opening hours or the availability of kids’ menus.
All rooms here, even standard studios, have kitchenettes (stove, fridge, with microwave and other equipment available on request) or full kitchens that can be really helpful for families who prefer to cook their own food rather than eating out.
3. Heavenly indoor pool, spa and sauna
A pool is the kids’ number one priority when choosing accommodation. Especially an indoor one.
Whether you need a break from sightseeing, a way to relax at the end of a busy day or something fun to do when the weather is cold or wet, a pool is awesome.
Chill out in the warm bubbles of the spa, while the kids wear themselves out in the pool.
4. Fantastic kid-friendly food options
Even though you’ve got your own cooking facilities in your room, it’s good to have options.
We love to start the day with a huge buffet breakfast. Especially when we’re headed out for a big day of exploring.
Stuff yourselves with waffles (definite kid favourite!), eggs cooked to order, barista-made coffee (it got a thumbs up from me), tea or hot chocolate (with marshmallows!) and lots more. Very reasonably priced too at $25 per adult and $12.50 per child.
If you don’t feel like cooking dinner, then this is a brilliant area for families to be based. Affordable and relaxed cafes and restaurants are a short walk away.
Within two blocks of the hotel you have Chinatown (try super popular Marigold for yum cha), Darling Quarter (Umi Sushi & Udon has a sushi train that the kids love or try cult favourite Betty’s Burgers) and World Square (you can stock up at the Coles supermarket here too).
5. Central to family-friendly Sydney attractions
This hotel is perfectly positioned for families, in between the city sights and the kid-heaven that is Darling Quarter.
A short walk (less than 10 min) will take you to –
- Hop On Hop Off Bus stop
- Darling Quarter children’s playground, extensive water play areas and cafes
- Chinese Garden of Friendship – a peaceful oasis to explore
- Chinatown for Asian food and gift shops
- World Square for fashion shopping, cafes and supermarket
- Town Hall underground train station, which will take you to any other attraction in the city
- Queen Victoria Building – beautiful and historic shopping arcade
- Hyde Park for the ANZAC Memorial
- Darling Harbour for Star of the Show Ferris Wheel, Sydney Jet boat ride and restaurants, with SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILDLIFE Zoo, Madame Tussauds and Darling Harbour ferry stop a few minutes’ further walk
Website: Radisson Hotel & Suites
Save for later by pinning this –