Have you just sent your munchkins back to school? How are you coping? My youngest had his first day yesterday, so I’m a bit of an emotional mess right now. Not him though. He’s loving it!
I’ve been distracting myself reading about the fabulous holidays all these lovely mamas had with their families over the summer.
1. It was all about the surfing and the shopping for Simone and her family in Byron Bay. Pass me an organic donut!
2. Belinda was blown away by the scale of the parades and the crowds at Tokyo Disneyland, but still managed to get on heaps of great rides.
3. Emily’s photos from her Sunshine Coast trip prove that holidays are all about spending time with the ones we love best.
4. Hats off to the awe-inspiring Stacey! She managed a jam-packed Tasmanian road trip alone with her 4 and 3 year olds.
5. Holidaying with family or friends seems to have been popular over these hols. Wendy had three generations together to soak up the sun and surf in Mollymook on the NSW south coast.
6. Sonia scored big time with a kid-free trip to Dubai just before Christmas, but kids would adore this desert safari and camel ride. It’s all so Arabian Nights!
7. The luxurious accommodation at Bells at Killcare on the NSW central coast is adults only, but do as Nikki did and stay nearby and take full advantage of the Sunday Family Feast at the divine Manfredi at Bells restaurant. Perhaps you could even squeeze in a visit to the day spa!
8. Another shared holiday was Dan’s trip to Magnetic Island. She and her brood managed to get off their NT cattle station without getting bogged to share a holiday house with friends.
9. Everyone needs a little brother like Leah’s. He gifted business class tickets to her whole family for their flight to Los Angeles! I love getting a sneak peek of how the other half travel.
Not loving these ideas so much? There are 13 more family-tested holiday ideas here.
How was your Christmas break? Any fabulous locations to add to this list?