I’m 100% comfortable with my Disney fandom. After all, I belong to a few Disneyworld Facebook groups and some of those guys completely bypass fandom and head straight on into obsession.
When I shared last week (in this post) that I’m super keen to get to Disney’s Aulani resort in Hawaii, the absolutely divine Lauren from The Thud piped up that she’s off there in a couple of months! Lucky girl!
By the way, if you haven’t yet discovered Lauren, then do yourself a favour and head over to her blog. She is an ex-political journalist, who has taken the interwebs by storm with her hilarious reports from the frontline of parenthood. Sydney mum risks possibility of third son is the stuff of legends.
I’ve been to Hawaii three times and, while I loved it as a kid, as an adult (pre-kids) it didn’t do a lot for me. But post kids I’ve discovered that a week at a tropical resort can be heavenly rather than boring. Four visits to Fiji later, I’m loving putting life on hold while we splash in the pool with the kids. Stick the Disney resort, Aulani, into the mix and Hawaii’s looking mighty fine.
Check out the fabulous trips that these girls have had –
1. Simone‘s hotel room overlooked the calm, warm waters of Waikiki Beach. Her family’s beach-pool-bed routine sounds so relaxing!
2. “Plan to have no plan for a part of your trip” – I like the way you think Brooke. Check out her fabulously detailed wrap-up of their Aulani stay.
3. Dole Whip and Shave Ice – Yum! They may not be fancy, but they’re on my must-eat list! Chantelle‘s got the inside knowledge on where to find the best.
4. So apparently Aulani is not cheap, but Niki has some fantastic tips for doing it in an affordable way.
5. Despite the not-so-great exchange rate, Belinda found some great shopping, including Anthropologie, which is totally on my travel wish list.
6. Simone‘s got me adding a character breakfast to my Aulani wish list.
7. Kirsten is queen of the cocktail and from the looks of it Honolulu has some gorgeous locations for sipping something chilled.
8. A waterpark, endless pools and a lazy river to float down? Chantelle‘s totally selling me on Aulani.
Want to save this to read later? Just pin the image below –
What do think? Could Hawaii do it for you?